Wednesday, June 2, 2010

30 weeks, 5 days....

I'm 30 weeks, 5 days. I have a feeling the next few weeks will go by sooo slowly. I saw my OB today. All seems ok. Baby is transverse lying sideways across my abdomen though, so unless he decides to turn in the next few weeks, we will be headed for a c-section. In his present position, apparently, he can swing one or more feet down and give me a good wallop on the 'ole cervix. Not such a pleasant sensation! I am thinking he may more likely end up breech instead of vertex based on the way he's positioned, but time will tell.

He is estimated to weigh 3 lbs, 5 oz. presently. All his measurements were in the same range (30-31 weeks) except for his abdominal measurement which was only measuring 28 weeks. Should I be worried? My OB didn't seem concerned at all... She also didn't measure my cervix, which I thought she would since I was borderline at 24 weeks. I think it will get measured when I see the perinatologist in 2 weeks.

The only really unpleasant pregnancy symptom I have developed is carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands so that my hands go numb frequently and tingle unmercifully to the point of being painful. I had acupuncture last week but couldn't really tell any improvement. I'm supposed to go again tomorrow. My OB suggested wearing wrist braces when sleeping so I guess I'll try that to see if that gives some relief. The good news is that CTS generally goes away within a few months of delivery.

44 more days to term at 37 weeks and 65 to my edd. I can't believe it really. Five more days and only 2 months until edd.

3 comments:

  1. Getting close! They might not measure your cervix again, because from what I read, if you were ok at 24 weeks, they'll assume you're still ok later on. I don't know that they have many standards about what it should be later in pregnancy.
    My friend had carpal tunnel so badly after she delivered that she needed her mom to stay a long time because she could hardly lift her daughter. I think it's finally improving with physio. Hope yours doesn't get that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're in the 30s now! Yay! I'm sorry about your carpal tunnel ... I hope it goes away very soon after delivery. Also, if you do have to have a c-section, I just wanted to say that it was nowhere NEAR as bad as I'd imagined. The recovery was shockingly easier than my lap. But fingers crossed that baby turns head down!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everything is going great!!

    ReplyDelete