Thursday, January 28, 2010

Little better today....

So, the doppler and I got along a little better last night. I found the baby's heartbeat fairly easily at 154 and I even could hear it this time! Previously, I got a reading on the digital monitor, but really couldn't hear anything distinctive. Nice reassurance that if the doppler and I get along, I can make it through the next few weeks. I believe the peri did state that the placenta is in front so that could be some of the difficulty I've experienced, but I've read that at 14 weeks (a week away), 95% of women can hear the heartbeat so hopefully the trend will continue.

Thanks for the support and comments :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a lovely heartbeat! I am so glad! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - 154 is the number I get most often! Weird?

    In the first week or two of trying, I sometimes had to really hunt around to find the HB, but it was always there and strong when I got to it. I would try not to panic each time because I knew I would probably get it if I was patient, but it was a little nerve-wracking at first.

    Also, use lots of goop - if you have to slide around a lot it gets thinned out and doesn't transmit as well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get 153. And even at 15 weeks struggled to find the heartbeat once. Glad you're reassured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going well! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also baby is moving around in there by now, which can make getting a reading difficult. My doc couldn't even get a doppler reading on me at 12w0d (hence the surprise u/s) and she's got LOTS of practice. Good luck! Stay positive :)

    ReplyDelete