Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ultrasound #1

Despite my dr's crazy policy on the timing of beta test no. 2, I really do love him. I talked to the nurse and saw the dr. this afternoon. He looked with the speculum and saw no blood, so that made me feel better.

He also did an ultrasound. We have a yolk sac and a baby with fetal pole with a crown-to-rump length (CRL) of 2.07 mm. He seemed confident that we will see the heartbeat at my next u/s appt, which is next Wed. I read that generally the heartbeat is detectable when the CRL is 5 mm, so we are 3 mm away from there. He said I could make the u/s appointment for Monday if I wanted to.... I'm assuming that means we should have the needed growth by then, but I opted to give 2 more days...

He said not to worry about the spotting (and it really hasn't been too much, but enough to throw me into orbit). His wife spotted during her pg so he understands the worry. He said I could come in again for reassurance. I told him to be careful, I might be there a tad more frequently than he would like.... And no additional beta on Friday. He says my last number was good enough he's not worried. I guess I have to rely on his expertise in that.

So, I think this is all good news. Thanks for your encouragement and support. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!

    I'm soooo glad you went in, and seem to feel better. Hooray!

    I think it's a really good sign that you saw a fetal pole/yolk sac already. They grow about 1mm a day at that stage, I think.

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I am so, so happy to read this post! I was worried and kept checking all afternoon for a new update. So glad that you have a healthy little baby in there! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I am so relieved! I was worried! I hope you are feeling better, too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah. I was a little bit worried for you. Glad you got some early monitoring, and glad it was all good news! Can't wait for next week. We both have u/s on Wed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like exactly what you should be seeing at this point. Looking forward to seeing more good news next Wed!

    ReplyDelete