Thursday, November 19, 2009

691,200...

Nope... that number is not how much money G and I have in the bank. Not even close. If it were, I wouldn't be stressed about how we will pay for IVF #2 if IVF #1 fails. It is the number of seconds until I expect results from my beta test on "Black Friday".

Really, "Black Friday"? I know it is a day of good shopping deals and all for those crazy, umm... I mean, brave people (including G, even after my haranging for the foolishness of it all) willing to stand elbow to elbow with their fellow man at 5 o'clock in the morning in bone chilling temperatures in hopes of having a chance for 1 of the 5 big screen tvs the big discount store down the street is selling for $200. But, I ask, is Black Friday really an auspicious day for a beta result?

I think not. Instead, it seems to denote despair and negativity. I mean, just how good can the results on a "Black Friday" be? And why is it called BF anyway? Is this when retailers hope to finally pull out of the red for the year? That doesn't encourage me either. I don't want any red associated with beta day. That denotes the impending arrival of AF, who we hope stays away for a nice, long time. The association with red also nixes Valentine's Day and Christmas.

I need a day that conjures up visions of happiness and joy. May Day perhaps. That's a nice and cheerful day or Easter, with its newness, or Earth Day, where everything is green, fertile and harmonous. Instead, even the calendar mocks me and my efforts to conceive. What do I get? Black Friday. I can just hear the calendar's taunting refrain now. 690,586...

3 comments:

  1. Just think- if (when!) you get a BFP on Black Friday, every year from now on you will have a completely different outlook on BF! It will be Pastel Friday or something like that, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt you will even remember that it was black friday, you'll be so excited!

    So are really not going to do a home pregnancy test? I could never wait. I'm impatient like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I choose to think of it as turkey recovery day.
    But no matter what, the positive I hope you will get will make that the BFP day which would be the coolest thing ever.

    I am so hopeful for you!

    one more week. Holy shit I say.

    warmly,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete