Thursday, November 5, 2009

First E2 Stimming Update

I went for my morning stick before work . I've ditched the coffee and even more sacrificially, Diet Coke, (I miss you, my friend), since stimming started. The only thing that will get me going now is the vicious stab of the phlebotomist, her cruel tool into my arm for a blood draw at the RE's office. (Actually, she's usually a gentle stick, but she must have skipped her coffee, because she was a little on the rough side today. Ouchie!)

Eight + hours later and the results are in (not that I was counting or anything....). After 2.5 days of stimming, E2 is "perfect" according to the nurse. I was too chicken to ask the level afraid I would obsess too much over it as I understand E2 levels can vary wildly. So on the same dose we stay: 75 iu of Menopur and 375 of Follistim (which means 2 Follistim injections tonight since I don't want to waste any of that liquid gold at its expensive cost!) Next E2 check Saturday morning and first post-stimming u/s Monday morning.

So, I guess all is well or I'm too ignorant to know otherwise. This afternoon I have started to have twinges in my ovaries, at least the area that I perceive to be my ovaries, which is where I generally have twinges around ovulation time. I'm embracing the twinges as a signal that something is happening. For now, it is all I've got to go on!

3 comments:

  1. Yep! There will be a party going on in there toward the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twinges for follie growth I bet (and hope)! Glad your e2 was beautiful! I finally heard back and mine is "good, but a bit high" so they cut my dose back. :( I don't want an early ER again :(
    Keep updating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules - that all sounds good! You are so smart for not asking about your E2 level. As soon as I get mine, I google it for the next 3 hours.
    Good luck on Saturday and Monday!

    ReplyDelete