Friday, November 27, 2009

Beta...

Beta today at 11dp3dt or 14 dpo was 68. I only got the positive hpt on Wednesday evening and it was faint, faint, faint on a FRER sensitive to 25, so I think the number would be consistent with a doubling in about 48 hours. Monday is second beta. Please cross fingers. I had a spotting incident yesterday morning that really scared me, but since nothing. The line of the FRER today was darker than on Thursday morning so that makes me feel better. (Yes, the hpt manufacturers love me. I think I have peed on 15 sticks so far!) ACK!

When I was in for my beta, saw my RE (who is awesome) and told him I cheated on the hpt. He gave me a hug and said "I'm not worried about the bleeding and I don't want you to be worried either." I'm trying to think positively, but recognize this could have a poor outcome.

I checked the Betabase and it looks like 388 women had betas in that range at 14dpo and 235 had betas lower. Of course, many had higher betas.

I sorta feel in limbo land with the bleeding and the kinda low beta. Kinda scared and afraid to let myself feel happy yet.

Monday will be the big test!

4 comments:

  1. Hey this is good! Have you ever visited WantWaitPray's blog? She had betas of I think 107 and then 175, and is pregnant with healthy twins! Betas vary so much!! 68 is definitely preggo and if your RE isn't worried, then don't stress over the weekend (ha! but try not to). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for Monday! I totally understand your worry, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction! Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I checked and 107 WAS her beta at 14dpo/9dp5dt). SO CHEER UP!!! If her twin beta was 107, you could totally be FINE!! There is a lot of variation in betas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Jules, I am very very happy for your positive beta! and I also get why you feel tentative--I hope monday's test brings a nice doubling so you can relax into the very real possibility that this will work. As one of my RE's said, once you're pregnant, the rest of the stats really are n your favor.. hard to think that way after so much effort!

    Good luck!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear the report today! :)

    ReplyDelete