Monday, November 30, 2009

Urgh!

So, when the Re's office called with beta no.1 on Friday, the nurse said recheck on Monday, which would have been 72 hours... Shortly later, she called back and said recheck on Friday instead, one week after beta no. 1. What? Is my Re crazy? Does he not realize that there's no way I can wait until FRIDAY to know if the pregnancy is progressing as it should?!?!?

So, I called my gp's office this morning to see if I could come in for a beta. Yes, I can come in. I get there and have a very bizarre conversation with the lab tech drawing my blood because no where on her paper does it say to check hcg. Instead, my thryoid, cholesterol, lipids, etc. are being checked. What? I tell the girl at the desk and supposedly the hcg is added to the draw. I get the results tomorrow.

I'm stressed waiting and irritated that my RE doesn't do the repeat beta at 48 hours. I'm sure he has a reason but whatever it is, I don't like it! :-)

On a happier note, the pee sticks are getting darker and no more bleeding. I've read that statistically, I have a 25% of miscarrying. I'm trying to focus on the 75% chance of success!

Thanks for everyone's support.

6 comments:

  1. That's dumb about the one week beta wait from your RE! How long will it take to get results from your GP- same day or tomorrow? Hate the Wait!! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flaky pee sticks getting darker must be a good sign. Hope the results come back soon! And there can supposedly be slight variation between labs, so don't freak out unnecessarily if it's not exactly double - could be some amount of error in the test results. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's total crap that your R.E.'s office only does two betas, a week apart. This is 2.5 years I've been reading IF blogs and I have never once heard of that. Crazy! But good for you for going to your primary care doc.

    I like that the pee sticks are getting darker. I think that's a good sign.

    I'm cheering for you! I hope your number tomorrow is yuuuuge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, darker pee sticks? YOU"RE PREGNANT!
    your RE's delay in beta2? WTF?? that is insane. seriously. crazy making.
    hope you get a great big nicely doubling number and no more bleeding please.

    take care and my fingers are crossed. But you know what? the darker lines are just super!

    hang in there,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete